How deep is the sea, know interesting information

November 03, 2021

 How deep is the sea, know interesting information


How deep is the sea, know interesting information

The depth of all oceans is considered to be different. Although the mystery of the depth of the oceans still remains. The depth of the ocean is very cold, dark and sometimes due to high pressure, oxygen here also becomes very less. The pressure felt on Earth is 1,000 times greater in the depths of the ocean. 

So much pressure that even biochemistry fails here. The truth of this pressure is that less than 1 percent of the living spaces on the ocean floor have been discovered so far, where animals and animals live.

There are four pieces of Interesting Information about the sea.

  • 1. According to a BBC report, famous Hollywood director James Cameron has returned to the part of the sea where no one had gone. In 2012, he dived to a depth of 11 km in the Mariana Trench, the deepest site in the Western Pacific. It took them more than 2 hours to reach the bottom. They went in a submarine named Deep Sea Challenger which was built in Australia. He spent more than 3 hours at sea level. Such an expedition had happened only once in 1960 when two men had descended to this depth.


  • 2. According to a report by Deutsche Welle, in 2011, a submarine named 'Jiaolong' was lowered to a depth of 4,027 meters (13,211) feet in China. According to engineers, Jiaolong can go to a depth of 7,000 meters.


  • 3. The record of going to the world's deepest sea is currently in the name of America. In 1960, the US Navy's manned submarine Mariana Trench reached a depth of 11,000 meters. The Mariana Trench is the deepest place in the world.

  • 4. Overall, the sea is very deep. However, its bottom is not flat or uniform, which means that the depth of the water in the ocean also varies. The deepest place in the ocean, measuring 11,034 meters (36,201 ft), is at Challenger Deep in the Mariana Trench of the Pacific Ocean. Surprisingly, the OR level is also not the final sea level because scientists have been able to estimate only 5% of the sea so far, the remaining 95% is still left.


  • 5. It is said that even if the part of the earth on which there is no sea is broken and thrown into the sea, even then the place will remain empty.

Read Also

The depth of the sea is measured in fathoms, each estimated at six feet. Fathometer is used in deep-sea/oceans. The depth of the ocean is also measured by an echo-sounding system. It is noteworthy that sunlight can go down to about 400 meters in the sea.